Exploring Seville with kids
Are you coming to visit Seville with kids? After living for one year in this beautiful city, I share the list of my favorite free -or low budget- activities to do with children:
15 free & cheap things to do in Seville with kids
MARÍA LUISA PARK AREA
• Explore PARQUE DE MARÍA LUISA and its many special places: sculptures, fountains, playgrounds…
• Walk around PLAZA DE ESPAÑA, learn about the Spanish provinces and paddle a boat in the lake.
• Enjoy the architecture and the temporary exhibitions of the MUSEO DE ARTES Y COSTUMBRES POPULARES and MUSEO ARQUEOLÓGICO both located at Plaza de América.
• Visit the biggest gothic cathedral in the world: CATEDRAL DE SEVILLA including the tower of LA GIRALDA, the original minaret of the Muslim mosque.
• Ready to visit a Palace? The REAL ALCÁZAR DE SEVILLA is a fortified palace built more than 1000 years ago, beginning the work in the High Middle Ages and going through different periods and architectural styles.
• BARRIO DE SANTA CRUZ and its narrow streets make this old Jewish quarter a very interesting and fun place to visit with kids.
NEAR THE GUADALQUIVIR RIVER
• Take a picture of the TORRE DEL ORO, a tower built during the 8th century.
• Cross the PUENTE DE TRIANA and walk through its streets without forgetting to visit the MERCADO DE TRIANA, this market is awesome and full of local products.
• Play at PARQUE DE LA ALAMEDA, a park full of trees, playgrounds, and events during the year.
• Be impressed by the sensational sunset views from El MIRADOR LAS SETAS.
• Travel to the past visiting the Roman ruins of ITÁLICA with its Amphitheatre and beautiful Mosaics.
• Let the kids get cool at the SPLASH PAD of Alameda de Hércules
• Go out for TAPAS in one of the many bars where you can order a “serranito”, a “montadito de gambas” or a very yummy bowl of gazpacho.
Ready for the adventure? Here other great resources:
- Website: Sevilla con los Peques, it is a local website with many plans for families.
- Book: Olé Sevilla by María Hesse, Isabel Caro and Esperanza Caro.
- Turismo Sevilla: Visita Sevilla